DVD Ripping Guides
DVD Ripper Platinum for Windows makes it easy to rip DVDs to popular video formats such as AVI, MPEG, DivX, Xvid, WMV, VOB, VCD, MOV, RM, 3GP, MP4, 3G2, ASF, iPod, PSP, PS3, Apple TV, Pocket PC, HP iPAQ, Zen, Zune, iRiver, Archos, Dell Axim, etc., and extract audio files from any DVD and save as MP3, WAV, WMA, AAC, M4A, Au, AC3, RA, MP2, etc. No DVD ripping software creates so comprehensive video and audio files. The DVD ripper supports ripping the whole DVD to one file, ripping by chapter and any segments.
DVD Ripper for Mac - Convert your DVDs to all popular video and audio files on Mac OS X. Supports MPEG, AVI, WMV, MOV, iPod, PSP, MP3, WMA, WAV, etc.
How to rip DVD to various video and audio formats?
1. Download DVD Ripper Platinum, install and run. Load your DVD movie from targeted drive by clicking the "DVD" button or choosing the 'Add DVD Folder...' option of the 'File' menu.
2. DVD ripping mode
After loading the DVD disc, you can click the "Show Chapters" button to switch the display between titles mode and chapters mode. You can rip DVD with three different modes.
* Default mode: Ripping the whole DVD to one file. When the list box displays the titles not chapters, you can convert the whole DVD into one file.
* Chapter mode: If you rip in chapter mode, you will get a file for each chapter.
* Clip mode: Set "Start time" and "Duration" on the right panel. For example, if you want a 3-minute-clip from the 10 minutes of the whole movie, please enter "00:10:00" for "Start Time" and "00:03:00" for "Duration".
3. Select the output format in "Profile:' drop list box. It supports converting DVD to almost all popular audio and video formats, including MP3, AAC, WMA, AVI, DivX, Xvid, MPEG, WMV, MOV, ASF, 3GP, MP4, iPod, PSP, etc.
4. click "start ripping".
Play video files you ripped
If you converted DVD to MP4, iPod video or PSP video, you may play the files using QuickTime Player or iTunes;
* DivX: DivX Play Bundle;
* AVI, MPEG, ASF, WMV, MP3, WMA: Windows Media Player;
* RM, RA, RMVB: Real Player.
Transfer MP4 video to iPod or PSP
iPod: Before ripping DVD to iPod video format, please make sure the 'Profile' is 'iPod(30G)' or 'iPod(60G). After converting, find the .mp4 file and drag it into your iTunes library, then Click 'File -> Update iPod' to transfer into your iPod.
Connect PSP to your PC using a USB cable. Click "Tools -> PSP Video Manager". Highlight the files which you want to put on the PSP and then click “Copy->”. The files will be transferred into PSP. See also DVD to PSP ripping software
To learn: Features of the DVD ripping software
To get: Faqs about the DVD ripping software