DVD to iPod Converter for Mac
If you have a Mac capable of playing back DVDs and are running OS X, and a video iPod, you can convert DVD to iPod video easily and quickly following the tutorial. It also supports DVD to AVI ripping for Mac, DVD to MP4 and DVD to OGM ripping for Mac.
DVD to iPod Mac How-to tutorial
1. Download Handbrake, install and run.
2. Insert the DVD you'd like to rip. You might as well play the DVD briefly using Apple's DVD player and then quit it, which sometimes helps the disc to copy without errors. Click "Open", the DVD to iPod Converter will analyze all the titles on the DVD.
Hints: If you'd like to load DVD by choosing DVD folder or ISO image file, please check "DVD Folder / Image", then click "Browse" button to locate the appropriate folder.
3. If you’re ripping a DVD movie, just choose the longest title in the list. If you’re converting TV shows, music videos or something with multiple episodes on one disc, please select the episode you want.
4. Configure the type of movie you want to produce. Here, we select "MP4 file" playable on iPod, and then set "Codecs" to "MPEG-4 Video / AAC Audio".
Tips: The DVD iPod Mac converter software can also rip DVD to AVI and OGM formats.
5. Video Settings. To achieve higher video quality, you can adjust "Average bitrate" bigger not more than 768. Another, if you check "2-pass encoding", this will improve the iPod video quality and doesn’t make the MP4 file any larger, but this will take twice as long to convert.
6. Click "Picture Settings", decrease "Width" to "320". The height value will decrease automatically.
Hints: iPod can carry MPEG-4 video up to 480x480, 2.5 mbps, 30 fps, Simple Profile with AAC-LC up to 160 Kbps, 48 Khz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats.
7. Click "Rip" button to start converting the movie. This will take a while depending on the speed of your Mac, the length of the DVD movie. When it finishes, you will now have a MP4 iPod video file on your Mac computer.
Play iPod video files on Mac
You can play the iPod videos with iTunes or Quicktime Player (Mac version).
Launch iTunes, add the MP4 files to iTunes library by draging or clicking "File -> Add to Library".
Sync videos to iPod from Mac
Connect the video iPod with your Mac PC, transfer iPod video files to your iPod.
To learn: Rip DVD to AVI for Windows
To get: How to convert DVD to iPod for Windows
To get: Video to iPod converters for Windows PC
View: How to convert DVD to iPad?